This small hunters axe is hand made in Storvik Sweden with quality high carbon steel. From the manufacturers website:
A powerful and compact axe. Its slightly oversized axe head and short handle makes it very handy and dexterous. Bring this on your hunting trip to be well prepared for surviving in the wild. Use the polished poll to skin your kill.
3 inch blade, 6 inch long*.
Slightly rounded, sloped bevel, knife grinded to 24 degree angle*
16 inch curved Hickory handle
- Hand forged with high carbon steels
- Sharpens to a fine edge and holds it
- Resistant to nicks and rolling with normal use
- Similar in quality to Gransfors Bruks
- Great value
- Replaceable hickory handle
- Easily manageable size and weight
- Sheath does not include a dedicated belt loop
- Less refined finish than Gransfors Bruks
When I carry an axe while hunting or camping this is it. The balance is great and the axe keeps an edge; what more could you ask for.